Dental Implants are the most effective dental products to replace missing/need-to-be-extracted teeth. They are titanium screws that are implanted into the jaw bone and serve as the root of a tooth and a dental crown/bridge is applied on these screws to mimic natural teeth.
Dental Implants are the most effective dental products to replace missing/need-to-be-extracted teeth. They are titanium screws that are implanted into the jaw bone and serve as the root of a tooth and a dental crown/bridge is applied on these screws to mimic natural teeth. For example, if there are 3 missing teeth in a row, 2 dental implants can support a 3-unit dental bridge to replace all of them. If you are looking for a more reliable solution in long term to replace your missing teeth, dental implants may be the perfect solution for you.
As dental implants function just like your natural teeth, you do not feel any discomfort like you do while wearing dentures. And since they are implanted in the jaw bone permanently, you do not need to visit your dentist regularly to adjust or fix your dental implants. For the same reason, they have a lower risk of infection.
Dental implants are made from various types of materials, but the most common type is titanium. All dental implants we offer for our patients at Dental Platinum Turkey are titanium with the highest success rates.
After the installation of the screw part, there is a mandatory healing period for the soft tissue to recover. After the healing process, a dental crown is attached to the dental implant with a tiny attachment called “abutment” to mimic the natural teeth.
What are the factors that affect dental implant success?
· Bone density levels: A successful implantation depends on sufficient bone to support the dental implant. There might be many reasons behind bone loss like osteoporosis.
· Oral hygiene: Maintaining good oral hygiene is also an important factor in the success rate of the dental implant, just like all other procedures.
· Gum diseases: Healthy gums are one of the main criteria for dental implant surgeries. If you have active gum disease, you need to visit a periodontist for treatment before the dental implant procedure.
· Medical conditions: If the patient is diagnosed with an autoimmune disease or condition, there is a possibility of dental implant failure. For example, if the patient has diabetes, the Hba1c value needs to be below 6,5. Otherwise, there is a high risk of dental implant failure.
· Smoking: Since smoking restricts the blood flow to the gums, smokers’ healing process is slower compared to non-smokers. Studies show that smokers can have a dental implant failure rate of up to 20%.
We offer 3 different dental implant brands for our patients at Dental Platinum Turkey and they all are lifetime guaranteed by their manufacturers:
OSSTEM Dental Implants
OSSTEM is one of the best-known South Korean dental implant brands in the world with a more than 95% success rate.
Nobel Biocare Dental Implants
As the first one to use titanium dental implants, Nobel Biocare is a Switzerland based Swedish company and one of the leading dental product brands in the world.
Straumann Dental Implants
Straumann is also a Switzerland-based dental product brand and possibly the most popular one in the world. Straumann dental implants are made using the latest technology and are known for their reliability.
If you need further information regarding dental implant treatment or if you would like to get free online consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time via e-mail, WhatsApp or Telegram.